Andrea Adami wrote:
Me again...sigh...there ar more problems with the defconfigs I provided...
Disabling network made kexecboot fail...

21:44.57 ant__ Jay7: urgh...kexec fails... ifdown: socket: function
not implemented
21:45.31 ant__ I had to remove network to fit sharp limited size...
21:47.43 Jay7 may be is better to relocate kernel?
21:47.55 Jay7 just after the u-boot-env
21:48.18 ant__ he he, the problem is *without u-boot*

Being that I had successfully booted from Sharp bootloader with an
alternative defconfig (1), two options remains:

1) rework defconfigs, reenable networking and use other size-optimization
2) add a "-x" argument to the kexec call:
-x, --no-ifdown   Don't bring down network interfaces. (if used, must
be last option specified)

The second one would affect all machine, that's why I'm asking here for advices.

I think for the time being we can go with 2 till the defconfigs are reworked.

regards,

Koen