Junqian Gordon Xu schrieb:
On 09/21/2008 05:28 AM, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
Junqian Gordon Xu schrieb:

The rotation is probably for different Z models (clamshell vs portrait). Could you post or point to the code?

Here is the source
http://cvs.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xqt/xqt2/xfree86/xqt-driver/qtscreen.cc?rev=1.1&view=auto

If I remember correctly from using X/Qt with Sharp-rom (Qtopia), the X/Qt screen was not able to rotate once you were in the session. So I guess the zaurus hack is to pre-rotate the screen for different zaurus devices. It certainly would be nice to be able to rotate screen under X/Qt.

Ok, I patched the source a bit and Xqt2 it is now quite usable on my SIMpad :). Here is a picture with xeyes native on the pad [1] and here [2] one of a ssh forwarded X11 session with epiphany.

In Xqt2 there is already some wrapper for xrandr implemented and it should work with some effort on it. I will try to fix everything for the SIMpad and then let Zaurus users test it. Do you know if I can get the size of the taskbar? Xqt uses some fixed sizes for it which are wrong on my pad.

best regards
Bernhard Guillon

1 http://linuxtogo.org/~mr_nice/simpad_xqt2.png
2 http://linuxtogo.org/~mr_nice/x11_session_simpad.png