Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Koen Kooi wrote:

I decided to sit down and debug the udev problem on my c700.

   It's not a udev problem, it's pretty much a problem with zaurus
initscripts.

There are problems in udev init script as well, at least in oe.dev:

- typo in awk code, which checks, whether udev is already mounted (fixed
several weeks ago)

- If /dev is already mounted, it skips mount of /dev/shm.

- /dev is fully populated only during first boot. Consequent boots
use /dev archive in /etc. This concept speeds up bopoting process, but
it may fail:

- After kernel change.

- When a removable device has its driver in kernel.

- If first boot was not successfull.

On zaurus machine that boot from NAND that isn't a problem (yet), / is mounted RO so the tar is never created at boot.
Maybe we should remove /etc/dev.tar on kernel and udev postinsts?

regards,

Koen