Op 26 sep 2008, om 10:46 heeft Dmitry Artamonow het volgende geschreven:

On 16:58 Wed 24 Sep     , Koen Kooi wrote:
Koen Kooi wrote:
Dmitry Artamonow wrote:
Koen, what was the motivation behind that kdrive-1.4-fixes- fix.patch ?

I'm not sure, since I left out the why in the commit[1], IIRC it breaks things when you have an external (e.g. USB) keyboard. Placing it outside
the case statement apparently broke things.
Well, if it brokes external keyboards, then it will do so, only for some
machines which is not Zaurus/iPAQ/Simpad/etc. Let's see.
without kdrive-1.4-fixes-fix.patch order was:
* apply default keymap
* apply machine-specific keymap overrides for known machines
now with kdrive-1.4-fixes-fix.patch it's:
* apply machine-specific keymaps for known machines
* if machine isn't known, then apply default keymap

I think that the first approach was generally right, just maybe it needed
some tuning in part of what should be in default keymap and what in
machine-specific.

Someone should see if xkeyboard-config[2] fixes the keymap issues
I didn't tried, but I doubt that it will help. At least not with our kdrive. As stated in [4] "The project is targeted to XKB-based systems", and if
you look into packages/xorg-xserver/xserver-kdrive-common.inc in OE
you'll see "--disable-xkb" in EXTRA_OECONF.

Actually, there might be an easier short-term solution: Remove all empty assignments from the keymap so xmodmap doesn't overwrite those, like the
mamemo keymap[3] does. Any volunteers for trying that?

Does the attached patch looks ok? I've compiled default.xmodmap out of
existing patches, removed empty keycodes and placed it into separate
file for easier maintaining. Sadly, I don't have any machines with
external keyboards here, but I can confirm that it works on h2200 as
expected.

Let's apply this and see what happens :)

regards,

Koen

[1]
http://gitweb.openembedded.net/?p=org.openembedded.dev.git;a=history;f=packages/xserver-common;hb=f7e14b297624d0ac3d350772abb8614004ab7a1d

[2] http://svn.o-hand.com/view/poky?rev=5212&view=rev

[3]
http://dev.openbossa.org/trac/mamona/browser/packages/xserver-kdrive-common/xserver-kdrive-common/mamona/keymap.xmodmap?rev=e1a27a129b9ae3c921a41bc76b14ed5b500252b7

[4] http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig

--
Best regards,
Dmitry "MAD" Artamonow

<0001-xserver-common-rework-default-keymap.patch>