On 24-11-08 13:28, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
Hi all,
embedded devices gain more and more powerful so I wonder if the Angstrom
distribution should start to support binary translation?
It would be nice to be able to use x86 flash or some windows binaries.
I just started to research about it and wanted to ask if anyone here has
already some kind of experience with this topic.
This description [1] sounds very nice it uses qemu and wine to run
putty. The darwine project also used qemu as binary translator.

So what do you think about it?

Nice idea, but angstrom uses gcc 4.x to compile stuff, which can't be used for qemu.

regards,

Koen