On 10-02-09 15:59, Bernhard Guillon wrote:
Koen Kooi wrote:
Hi,

In an effort to reduce the skillset needed to get involved into
angstrom I'd like to propose this:

Narcissus[1] is the preferred way to build an image to be put in the
download are for users.

The workflow would be:

1) go to http://amethyst.openembedded.net/~koen/narcissus/
2) select machine, packages and click 'build me'
3) downloading resulting image
4) test it
5) Convert it to the proper format (e.g. ubifs, jffs2, tar.bz2, ext2,
installkit)
6) upload it to angstrom-distribution.org
7) Announce it

Note that step 5 can be scripted, but due to php/fakeroot limitations
we can't do it all with narcissus. An option would be that narcissus
spits out the scripts needed.

As the narcissus page points out, patches are welcome. If you are
missing packages, send me a patch :)

So, what do you think about this proposal?

I like narcissius much but we should keep alternatives such as
autobuilder or build images from the mentors.

Why? Noone is interested in doing that judging from the *complete* lack of activity, so let's make narcissus default till mentors start being active again and indicate they want to provide OE built images *next to* narcissus images.

regards,

Koen