I'm looking for a way to point people at a relatively sane checkout of the OE dev for people using a product based on Angstrom 2010.

What I would to see is a branch called something like "angstrom-2010-feeds" that follows dev, but is only used to build feeds and available for people to pull from if they want a known reasonable starting point for doing their own OE builds. By following the feed builds, this should receive reasonable build testing. Ideally, we process to make a decision when to update the branch from dev.

By creating and documenting how the feeds are built, we also increase the "bus factor" of the feeds since we can have people fill in if Koen is not available for some reason :)

Thoughts?

Philip

PS: Similar thoughts apply to 2008, but my major interest now is 2010.