Op 13 nov. 2011, om 21:44 heeft Martin Jansa het volgende geschreven:

> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 08:24:33PM +0100, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>
>> Op 13 nov. 2011, om 19:53 heeft Dmitry Eremin-Solenikov het volgende
>> geschreven:

>>> I'd oppose this change. Currently I can use oebb.sh to generate both
>>> bleeding edge angstrom and angstrom-2010.x. And that's not talking about
>>> empty DISTRO and other DISTROs. Could you please reconsider this change?
>>> What about scratch-$DISTRO?
>>
>> scratch/$DISTRO? I'd like to keep the 'top' directory the same, it has
>> proven to be confusing to new users when it changes name.

>>> Good ideas!

>>> I'd vote for 'output', 'build-results' or 'built'
>>
>> I like 'build-results' :)

>>> With some sort of blacklist please! With your recent patches it's simple to
>>> switch layers on and off (especially BSP layers). But with autogenerated
>>> bblayers.conf it would be PITA.
>>
>> Exactly, I don't know how it's going to be implemented, but turning things
>> off/on easily is certainly needed. Ideally oebb would only enable the BSP
>> layers it needs for a given machine, but mixed repos (e.g.meta-smartphone)
>> make that difficult. That's not a complaint against meta-smartphone, though.
>
> Is switching BSPs on and off good idea for stable feeds? And that's not
> complaint against generating bblayers.conf, just against idea to switch
> layers on and off because it's easy.

It is most certainly not a good idea for stable feeds if you start removing
layers.

> Because ie with few PRINC in BSP layer you can get PRs going backwards.
> I know you're aware of such problems and won't allow that to happen.
> Just pointing for others that layers are not such nice colorfull boxes
> from yocto diagram, one can stack easily and then switch them on and off
> everytime there is something nice or bad.

I think the implementation should issue a big warning when removing layers,
maybe we could even get packagehistory.bbclass to help us with that.

regards,

Koen