On 09/12/2012 03:06 PM, Daniel Lazzari wrote:
Hey everyone,

I have something of an odd request, but I can't figure out how to do this on my
own. We are using Angstrom as our distro, but we have our own overlay layer and
our own custom image recipes. We have recently been adding some new packages to
our builds and it's been causing some trouble since they're pulling in x11
packages. Looking at the recipes for the packages, just removing x11 from
DISTRO_FEATURES would exclude all of the stuff we don't want, but I can't seem
to figure out how to do that. It appears that the meta-angstrom distro.conf is
parsed very late and overrides anything we put in our own layer.

Does anyone have a good way of doing this?

Sorry if this is the wrong list for this question.

From a philosophical point of view, Angstrom supports X11, so removing it from DISTRO_FEATURES means you are not really Angstrom. And your packages are incompatible with the packages in the feeds.

You should be able to only install the packages without the X11 bits if you are careful, bt I understand in practice that can be very tricky to get exactly correct.

Philip

Dan Lazzari Jr.
Firmware Engineer
dlazz...@leapfrog.com