Hello,

I would just like to say thank to all of you for your help: today my Angstrom
build script has completed the build procedure, saying:
----
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 756 tasks of which 208 didn't need to be rerun
and all succeeded.

user@ubuntu:/home/tibor/beagle/setup-scripts$
----
Retrospectively I had to correct three things - I wrote it down just for others
may avoid these:

1-2 - using not the right bitbake and working in a "root" owned directory. In
fact, I used the Ubuntu bitbake and not this one which comes with the Angstrom
distribution. Following your suggestion I uninstalled it - but when it was
unistalled, I got the "sudo: bitbake: command not found" message, so I
re-installed it - and got the same error than before. The comment which put me
on the right track was the one from Jack, saying "don't use sudo"... in fact, I
checked the properties of my "user@ubuntu:/home/tibor" directory, and its owner
( I don't know why ) was set to "root".... changing the directory owner to
"user" allowed me to uninstall the Ubuntu bitbake and start the correct one
from the "user@ubuntu:/home/tibor/beagle/setup-scripts$" folder. ( after
correctly sourcing the environment ).
3. At that moment I saw the build process starting... but after some minutes it
stopped, showing some kind of "no enough memory" error message. Although I did
not know too much about the reason, I suspected that it could be a problem
about my virtual Ubuntu settings: I increased the memory size, reserved for
Ubuntu by vmWare to 2 G, and also the disk size to 40G... then re-started the
build: and this time it worked fine.

So I continue by having a look on the kernel sources ...

Thanks a lot

Tibor