You'll need to keep your objects referenced in a service, then use some id
that maps to the $routeParam.  Something like this:

function MyService(){
  var objects = [
    { id: 1, data: 'the data'},
    { id: 2, data: 'more data'}
  ]

  return objects;
}

//in new route controller - this not fully fleshed-out code.... just
providing the idea
var indexOfObject = MyService.indexOf($routeParams.id);
$scope.object = MyService[indexOfObject];

So in essence you are passing references not objects, and storing shared
data in a service.