You don't, it will make the connection for you.  Just put ng-view somewhere
in the html below the navbar, the link click will be caught by angular,
then look at your config and decide what template/controller to load at the
point of ng-view element.  (consider using
html5mode: $locationProvider.html5Mode(true).hashPrefix('!');)

$routeProvider
.when('/home', {
  templateUrl: '/partials/home.html',
  controller: 'HomeCtrl'
})
.when('/contact', {
  templateUrl: '/partials/contact.html',
  controller: 'HomeCtrl'
});

So if you were to use an actual <button> element, just change the
location...

<button ng-click="goto('/home')">Home</button>

.controller('MainCtrl', ['$scope', '$location', function($scope, $location){
  $scope.goto = function(link){
    $location.path(link); //this just changes the URL for you the same as
clicking a link
  }
}