I have some experience in retail e-commerce. The typical solution to the
problem is to make basket in sessions at the server.
If you keep the order build in the app, things like these can happen:

1. The client uses ie 1-3 days to make the order, and some items are sold
out in the meantime. You can control alternative products and such if you
have it all on server.
2. The client logs on from a computer to complete the order and the order
is not available since its on the app.
3. Your app crashes or phone is faulty, order is lost.
4. You wont be able to recreate baskets for a client or see statistics of
webshop use.

I have seen that, when clients makes that many items pr order, they uses a
lot of time to do it. Also if the order is not on the server, your customer
service wont be able to help the client with the order.
If you want to, you could make some "info screens" to push the client to
complete the order after ie. 50 items, ie free freight. Problem I have seen
is that the server is filled up with sessions, taking a lot of memory,
making the whole solution slow. Another problem is that some
commercesystems "park" or "reserve" the item stock when its in the basket,
so you would need to push the client to complete or make a timeout on some
items in basket (See DELL website, they have an expire on their basket)

Cheers
Bille

www.elitenet.dk