Hi Hugo,

My problem ended up being the result of combining AngularJS and bootstrap.
The solution was to update both, so I've used....

//Update angular values
$scope.data.mydata["IO:"+ array-cycling-through-fields ].value = newValue;

//Update browser so the change in data is visible to the user
document.getElementById("IO:" + array-cycling-through-fields ) = newValue;

//The challenge is Bootstrap does some fancy 'magic' when it comes to
select boxes, using labels to hold values, so these have to be updated as
well or the dropdown appears not to change its value
var alternativeHTML = document.getElementsByName("IO:"
+ array-cycling-through-fields )[0];
if(alternativeHTML.tagName == 'SELECT'){
alternativeHTML.previousSibling.childNodes[0].childNodes[0].nextElementSibling.innerHTML

= newValue;
}

Cheers,
Peter