I have a tree component, list of homes,      and a dropdown component, list
of cars in all of the homes.

The selections in the tree control, as they change, will impact the entries
in the drop down component. As different homes are selected and unselected,
the list of cars will need to change. To get the list of cars, based on
selected homes, is an http call.

The list of cars has to be retrieved by the time the user interacts with
the list of cars.

When is the correct time to send the http request to ensure that data is
ready for the dropdown? Or how else should I approach this?