Well, localStorage is also not going to persist accross subdomains.
Basically it's a cross-domain problem.

But you say you'll have to reload onmce again once you have the token in
local storage? I don't think that's the case, you can simply inject Router
into your AuthComponent (whichever receives that url parameter) and after
validating the token and/or saving it, you simply
*`this.navigateByUrl('/');` *Shouldn't be a problem at all, and if you
examine some pages that use OAuth, you'll see that that's exactly how they
work.

Another solution is to go to my.app.com, and then load the login.app.com in
an iframe instead. And then when the user logs in, have that iframe
postMessage back to your app and you proceed with authentication. Not sure
if that's feasible for your use case though.