Hello, all.

My working group is feeling some tension between React and Angular.  All I
care about is keeping our web components encapsulated, so that I can
connect one to another without worrying about what it was connected to

This article will explain what I am talking about more

Is there a system where component are forced to communicate in constrained
ways?  Like each component has a JSON file associated with it.  The json
file describes the component's inputs and outputs.  And another component
talks to our component only by referring to the json structure.  Our
component talks to another component only by referring to the json
structure.  Perhaps, as the output (for example) referred to goes through
its nested definitions and gets to actual code, it uses React to emit an
event.  Or it uses Angular to emit an event.  All that the component cares
is "I sent a message out this connection."

I would like to avoid getting React and Angular code strewn all through our
application.  Once you do that, you can never (easily) go to the other
framework.  And it's too easy to break encapsulation, and not be away of it
until you need to move the component to another spot and give it a
different communication partner.

I found Polymer designer, but it does a lot more than I am envisioning, and
there doesn't seem to be a currently working version.

Thoughts?  Has anyone else had similar thoughts?

                Regards, Rick