Alright so I am trying to run the API so I can make sure everything is
running smoothly on my laptop.

> So these are the things I have tried:
>
>  - deleted node_modules folder and ran npm install
>  - emptied the cache, deleted node_modules folder and npm install
>  - Have googled this issue and nothing seems to solve my particular
problem
> I have removed all instances of the node_modules folder and
> reinstalled numerous times

this is the error that I am getting when I run **npm start** and even
sometimes trying to **npm install**

    gulp[13748]: src\node_contextify.cc:631: Assertion
`args[1]->IsString()' failed.
     1: 00007FF78ADA82F5
     2: 00007FF78AD84156
     3: 00007FF78AD84221
     4: 00007FF78AD5A69A
     5: 00007FF78B3A5EB2
     6: 00007FF78B3A7008
     7: 00007FF78B3A636D
     8: 00007FF78B3A628B
     9: 00000342DA0841C1
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 134
    npm ERR! clark-gateway@1.0.3 gulp-tsc: `gulp start`
    npm ERR! Exit status 134
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the clark-gateway@1.0.3 gulp-tsc script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely
additional logging output above.

    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!

C:\Users\barta\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-08-08T00_56_55_315Z-debug.log
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 134
    npm ERR! clark-gateway@1.0.3 start: `npm run gulp-tsc`
    npm ERR! Exit status 134
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the clark-gateway@1.0.3 start script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely
additional logging output above.

    npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR!

C:\Users\barta\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2018-08-08T00_56_55_346Z-debug.log