Hi,

I have an embedded system on which I want to design an gui to edit some
system data , that are available through a C api. (direct access may be
available thanks to a swig javascript c++ native node)

I was thinking at first about server side rendering.
Server side rendering would permit to access directly system data to
display them in the rendered html page using the c++ native node access
(Right ?) , thing that is not possible directly using client side rendering.

The other classic solution would be using an api that permits to retrive
system json data  through http web service and send back edited data to
this api.

However, after looking a bit deeper in server side rendering, I understood
that editing data may be complicated ? or need to switch to browser
interface ?

So, I am here a bit loss.  It is not really clear if a "full" server side
rendering application is possible or not, I understood it is mainly used to
speed up first page loading , to permit seo crawler, but a real
application?.
In my case I think server side rendering would permit lot of things and a
quick approch.

What do you thing guys ?

Regards,
Steph