Dear Mr. Sander,

I have solved this problem.

The angular.json file was corrupted. Instead of

"fileReplacements": [
                {
                  "replace": "src/environments/environment.ts",
                  "with": "src/environments/environment.prod.ts"
                }
              ],

I had the following:

"fileReplacements": [
               {
                  "replace": "src/undefined",
                  "with": "src/environments/environment.ts"
                }
              ]

Request if you could kindly help me with the Mat-Stepper issue. I will
share my code privately with you.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Partha