Hi! I am not an Angular developer but hope someone here can help me please.

I am working on a project where an external supplier is developing an
Angular application for our company. My job is to add a lot of HTML-based
FAQ pages into the system. The HTML source is sitting on an external
database for re-usability reasons and is being pulled into the application
via API calls.

As the page content is quite long, I want to use in-page anchors and
accordions to help the reader move up and down the page. However, I have
realised that this is not working as expected once I view the HTML's
content in the Angular application. When I click on an in-page anchor link,
the page reloads to the application's home page.

My code is something like this:

<ul id="top" style="list-style: none; padding: 0;">
</ul>

<h2 id="child1">This is my first heading</h2>
<h2 id="child2">This is my second heading</h2>
<h2 id="child3">This is my third heading</h2>

Let's say the page sits at portal.xyz.com/faq/set_up_account, so clicking
on the first anchor link should bring me to
portal.xyz.com/faq/set_up_account#child1. However, instead it brings me to
portal.xyz.com/home/#child1, which means it simply loads the application's
home page.

Is there anything that the developer's need to switch on in the Angular
code to stop this from happening/any module or other functionality they
need to install? Do I need to code my anchor links in a different way?
Unfortunately, the relationship with the supplier is a bit strained due to
circumstances created outside of my team. I therefore would prefer to go to
them with a suggested solution in hand rather than just asking them to
figure it all out for me.

Apologies if this seems like a stupid question for you Pros but any
suggestions or pointers are hugely appreciated.  Thank you!!!