see inline

Pedro Martinez-Julia writes:
    >> To: anima@ietf.org
    >> Subject: [Anima] Autonomic Registry
    >>
    >> Dear WG members,
    >>
    >> According to the presentation in the NMRG session, the ANIMA model relies
    >> in a registry which seems to be centralized. I think it does not suit

You are using the word "registry", but it's a registrar.  The different in
the word is perhaps subtle, but very significant.

Michael Behringer (mbehring) <mbehr...@cisco.com> wrote:
    > Generically, ANIMA devices get a domain certificate. Today, practically
    > all certificate management solutions are centralised, with a central
    > CA, and several RAs (Registration Authorities). So for now this is the
    > working model. And a registrar is logically an RA in this model. Given
    > that certificate interactions are infrequent, and given that this PKI
    > model is very well developed, I think this is a reasonable starting
    > point.

And, the centralized nature of current PKI implementations is an
implementation limitation, not an architectural limitation.

The architecture supports talking the nearest registrar which is functioning.
There are PKI implementation challenges with partitioning of the PKIX
SerialNumber space (which must be unique), but it's a solved problem.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-