Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > It doesn't deal well with flexible types either, a dangerous luxury in
    > Python that I've got very fond of. But it seems to me that if a GRASP
    > core implementation is written in C for efficiency, it will *need* to
    > offer an API in C that higher level languages can build on.

No, because it will be monolithic: not part of a library, no sockets API, etc.

    > BTW, my not-production-quality Python version of the GRASP core is now
    > about 1800 lines of code, but if we take out the stuff for diagnostics
    > and debugging there's maybe 1000 lines. I hope we'll find out in the
    > hackathon how big the BUPT code is; so far they don't support an API,
    > so they are on your model.

My understanding is that uPython is getting significant traction in some
constrained environments: someone may want to rewrite your code to this
very limited subset (less than python 2, I'm told).  I think that this is
more likely to be a "library" than any C code.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-