On 23/02/2018 05:29, Michael Richardson wrote:
> Toerless Eckert <t...@cs.fau.de> wrote:
>     > I did not want to reopen the bottle on GRASP, and i did not want to
>     > delay ACP spec either with discussions about this naming strategy
>     > either.
> I understand.
> The problem is that I don't know how to read the paragraph I quoted.
> It *seems* to instruct IANA to reserve more names, yet doesn't actually go as
> far as saying that.
> If it is not doing that, then maybe it should be removed and
> let draft-eckert-anima-grasp-dnssd do it's thing.

At the moment I think that's best. I've already verified by writing
proof-of-concept code that what Toerless proposes is perfectly possible
and works with the DNS-SD examples at dns-sd.org, but if we reserve
SRV.est now and the designated expert (i.e. Michael R) blocks any
other SRV. registrations, we can go through a normal WG process.

For those interested the code is at https://github.com/becarpenter/graspy
(AskDNSSD2.py and GetDNSSD2.py)