Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comments on draft-carpenter-anima-asa-guidelines.

If I get it correctly you raised the following points:

  1.  -better describe what ASA are: rather application or network service, and
better describe the border between the two and implications for ASA
designers/developers in the draft.

I think it is an important (and not so simple) topic and worth being discussed.

Would welcome views from the group.

  1.  -NFV is an important area for future networks, and more focus for ANIMA
and ASA should be devoted.

Agreed; However, I'm not aware that NFV community is following ANIMA work and
guidelines on autonomic VNF design/development. Although there are several
autonomic/self-* behavior/functionality being developed in NFV.

There is clearly a gap here, and a difference in approach.

  1.  -You mentioned something about the decoupling of self-* functionality
(self-configuration, self-healing...)

Not sure I get fully what was your comment on this aspect. Could you clarify /
develop?

Thank you.
Best regards, Laurent.