Alissa,

"On agenda of 2018-05-24 IESG telechat" surprises me. I thought
a -14 version was the next step.

I'll repeat my opinion on the reference issue, being a co-author
of the reference model (draft-ietf-anima-reference-model). We
never expected that to be treated as a normative reference. While
it definitely provides useful background for the ACP draft, I
don't see it as being required reading for a correct implementation.

Regards
   Brian