Hi,

I haven't had time to carefully read sections 1-5, but I think their
general message is fine. Here are some first comments on section 6,
the proposed GRASP extensions:

>    In fragmentary CDDL, a Un-solicited Synchronization message follows
>    the pattern:
>
>       unsolicited_synch-message = [M_UNSOLDSYNCH, session-id, objective]
>
>    A node MAY actively send a unicast Un-solicited Synchronization
>    message with the Synchronization data, to another node. This MAY be
>    sent to port GRASP_LISTEN_PORT at the destination address, which
>    might be obtained by GRASP Discovery or other possible ways. The
>    synchronization data are in the form of GRASP Option(s) for specific
>    synchronization objective(s).

Three comments on that:

1. For this to work, the receiving node must always be listening for
a new TCP session on that port. So that means a new API function
(listen_unsolicited?) and of course either a separate thread or an
additional entry in the event loop. Not a problem, just an implementation
comment.

2. We need to specify that a new session_id is generated for each new
M_UNSOLDSYNCH message.

3. Is this available for any synchronization objective, or do we need
to add a new flag bit?

>    The selective flood option encapsulates a match-condition option
>    which represents the conditions regarding to continue or discontinue
>    flood the current message.

To be clear, the match is evaluated in every node, and the flooded objective is
dropped if there is a match? So we save on storage, not on processing.

> 6.5 Publishing Objective Option
>
>    In fragmentary CDDL, a Publish Objective Option follows the pattern:
>
>       publish-objection-option = [PUBLISH, 2, 2, pubobj] objective-name
>       = PUBLISH
>       objective-flags = 2
>       loop-count = 2
>       pubobj = text
>
>    This option MAY be included in GRASP M_Synchronization, when
>    included, it means this message is for a publish of a specific object
>    data.

Can it also be included in M_UNSOLDSYNCH ? (In other words, the pub/sub bus
does not need to send M_REQ_SYN, but always listens for M_UNSOLDSYNCH.)

Regards
   Brian