On Sep 11, 2018, at 22:25, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

> SHOULD ietf-core-sid say something about this?

Yes, we should have a common way of handling SID allocations in RFCs.

draft-ietf-core-sid sounds like a natural way to place this, but what goes into
what document is often a question of who has time to write something at a
particular point in time.  So let’s discuss this with the authors.

In any case, this probably should stay at the level of a suggestion more than
prescribing a normative way of doing things — the conventions we use for this
may evolve faster than the rest of the technical content of draft-ietf-core-sid.

Grüße, Carsten