> I believe that we concur on the uses.
> I'm not sure if you are saying the CA:TRUE is a requirement.
> I do not want to mandate that.  CA:TRUE is, of course, acceptable.

The current BRSKI text to me suggests that CA:TRUE is a requirement for the
pinned-domain-cert. But I'm okay with not having CA:TRUE for this certificate,
as you propose, in which case I think the BRSKI text needs some minor updates
on the wording.
For example, if it's just a Registrar cert with CA:FALSE and RA:TRUE then it
shouldn't be called a "domain CA" cert or "domain cert".

If the Registrar is not a CA, it does need to be a Registration Authority (RA).
(See Section 2.5.3 / 2.5.5 / 5.5.4 /
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6402#section-2.10 )
So the requirement for the pinned cert is that it is either RA or CA.  (Both
seems also possible to encode in the cert, although that seems equivalent to a
CA.)

Esko