From: <iesg-secret...@ietf.org> on behalf of The IESG <iesg-secret...@ietf.org>
Date: Tuesday, 7 April 2020 at 15:35
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-annou...@ietf.org>
Cc: Sheng Jiang <jiangsh...@huawei.com>, "jiangsh...@huawei.com"
<jiangsh...@huawei.com>, "anima@ietf.org" <anima@ietf.org>, Eric Vyncke
<evyn...@cisco.com>, "anima-cha...@ietf.org" <anima-cha...@ietf.org>,
"draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-pl...@ietf.org"
<draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-pl...@ietf.org>
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-24.txt> (An
Autonomic Control Plane (ACP)) to Proposed Standard

    The IESG has received a request from the Autonomic Networking Integrated
    Model and Approach WG (anima) to consider the following document: - 'An
    Autonomic Control Plane (ACP)'
      <draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

    The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
    comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
    last-c...@ietf.org mailing lists by 2020-04-21. Exceptionally, comments may
    be sent to i...@ietf.org instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning
    of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

    Abstract

       Autonomic functions need a control plane to communicate, which
       depends on some addressing and routing.  This Autonomic Control Plane
       should ideally be self-managing, and as independent as possible of
       configuration.  This document defines such a plane and calls it the
       "Autonomic Control Plane", with the primary use as a control plane
       for autonomic functions.  It also serves as a "virtual out-of-band
       channel" for Operations, Administration and Management (OAM)
       communications over a network that provides automatically configured
       hop-by-hop authenticated and encrypted communications via
       automatically configured IPv6 even when the network is not
       configured, or misconfigured.

    The file can be obtained via
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane/

    IESG discussion can be tracked via

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-autonomic-control-plane/ballot/

    The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

       https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2407/