Hi Sheng,

On 24-Aug-21 20:45, Sheng Jiang wrote:
> Hi, Brian,
>
> I am fully support that there should be a mechanism to config GRASP in the
> certain domain and also the flood methods. However, I have no clean the
> definition of grasp-version and why.

I agree. This was intended as an example rather than a definite proposal.

> Are we going to have multiple GRASP versions active in the same time?

If (and only if) we added a version concept to GRASP, I suppose this could
happen in a large network, with some nodes updated.

> For my understanding, in an any giving time, we should have one fully version
> of GRASP, then we may have many subsets of this full version of GRASP, which
> may be combinations of functionalities/options of GRASP for different
> scenarios.

Or, perhaps, a new function (e.g. as suggested by
draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution) would be supported in some networks but
not in others.

> Now, the question would be whether we, as ANIMA WG, should define these
> subsets as standard with a registered number then easier to flood it in the
> operation or leave them as individual functions/options but "GRASP manager"
> can announce their availability on each function/option base.

Exactly right. So the first question for the WG is: do we need such a
capability?

(At the moment, all we have to support subsets or unkown extensions is the
M_INVALID message, so that one node can tell another "I didn't understand
that".)

Regards
   Brian