Liyizhou <liyiz...@huawei.com> wrote:
    > Thank you for your careful reading. It takes me some time to have some
    > more thinking on the draft.

    > You are right that most devices have management interface with L3
    > capability.

    > The difficulty we met was when IPv4 is in use the management interface
    > needs to get to DHCP server first to get its IP. DHCP is a BUM traffic.
    > RFC3927 defined a self-configured IPv4 address, but AFAIK it is
    > implemented in some host OS but not on network nodes.  The expected
    > L2ACP in my mind has the function of L2 loop-free reachability before
    > the management interface of the nodes obtains IP via DHCP.

I feel that we've been over this many times... it's even in RFC8994, and
Brian has written a lot about this.
It seems that you are stuck on the 40 year old IPv4 model of doing layer-2
tricks.

    > I understand an IPv6 link-local address can be used for ACP even when
    > the data plane is IPv4. I tried to talk to some engineers/admins if
    > they would like to use it in such a way. Some think it is ok.

Clearly there is a lot of reluctance, and there is really no words I can add
to change that.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-