On 26-Aug-22 20:02, Toerless Eckert wrote:
Btw.: I have no strong opinions either way, and i am not the one who
put a + in front of objective for the flood-message. Aka would be curious
about the reason Brian wanted to support multiple objectives in it!

Let me check my archive... unfortunately all I can tell you is that we
added the multiple objectives feature in the first week of August
2016, while the GRASP design team was discussing several aspects of the
M_FLOOD. I can't see any discussion of that particular change.

   Brian

Cheers
     Toerless

On Fri, Aug 26, 2022 at 09:14:42AM +1200, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On 26-Aug-22 08:59, Michael Richardson wrote:

Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
      > (b) but it could be implemented *on top* of the current
      > definition of GRASP, if the floods in question were issued with a loop
      > count of 1 (so they would never be relayed per RFC8990), and there was
      > a flood consolidator - effectively just a special ASA as far as GRASP
      > is concerned - that sent out consolidated floods.

why couldn't the flood consolidator collect and relay things with higher loop
counts, as long as it didn't do it too often?
(is that called a "dam"? sluicegate? me wastes ten minutes reading about dams
on wikipedia)

Yes, it could, once the consolidation was done.

I suspect this idea overlaps with the use cases for
draft-ietf-anima-grasp-distribution.

    Brian
.