To follow up finally.

To recap: we have been doing A:grouping-A, B:grouping-B-augment-group-A, and
now are facing
C:grouping-C-augment-group-B, which seems to be wrong.

We start with RFC8366's YANG for voucher.
It is augmented in RFC8995 to create voucher-request.
What I am hearing is that we did it wrong in RFC8995.

  grouping voucher-request-grouping {
    description
      "Grouping to allow reuse/extensions in future work.";

    uses vch:voucher-artifact-grouping {
      refine "voucher/created-on" {
      }

      augment "voucher"  {
        description
          "Adds leaf nodes appropriate for requesting vouchers.";
        leaf prior-signed-voucher-request {...};
      }
  }

What I think you are saying is that we should have done:

  grouping voucher-request-grouping {
    description
      "Grouping to allow reuse/extensions in future work.";
    augment "voucher"  {
      description
        "Adds leaf nodes appropriate for requesting vouchers.";
      leaf prior-signed-voucher-request {..}
  }

  uses vch:voucher-artifact-grouping;
  uses voucher-request-grouping;

Then other uses could just add the the groupings that they need.

I'm trying this now.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-