Hi Michael,

Thanks much for your detailed review (again).
And sorry for the delayed response. See inline please.

[Bing] I would suggest to simply avoid using an noun here. No need to
articulate another word to replace "syntax".

> I'm concerned about step (2) _Storing Mode Mapping_, which suggests DHT,
> but doesn't require it.  I guess that this is an implementation detail which
> does not affect the protocol, but it more explanation of why it does not
> matter
> might be good.

[Bing] The original texts there actually intended to consider DHT as an example
rather than recommendation. But I agree we need to articulate a bit more on why
it does not matter, will change.

> I find step 5 far too hand wavey about how the block is transfered.
> At the very very least:
>    In this case, the IS module should support basic TCP-based
>    session protocols such as HTTP(s).
>
> this seems like it needs BCP14 language: SHOULD How do we do HTTP, and if
> HTTPS is implied, then how do we do certificates for what are probably IP
> addresses.

[Bing] For how the bulk block is transferred, I think we can just refer the
approach defined in Section 5.3 (Bulk Information Transfer), to close the
dependency chain within GRASP itself.

> It seems like step 7 is really step 0, and the process ought to just loop?

[Bing] I think we can move step 7 to be a fork under step 4, which actually
already mentioned step 7 in the texts. This might be more intuitive to read.

> Almost all of the SHOULDs are probably MUSTs.

[Bing] I have similar feeling for at least some of the SHOULDs. We'll check
them one by one in the new version.

> section 5.3, it is inaccurate to describe network policy as being in YANG.
> YANG is not distributed, but serialized to JSON or XML or CBOR.
> I suggest:
>
>   There are scenarios where this restriction is a problem. One case
>   is the distribution of network policy in lengthy YANG formats such as XML
>   or JSON.

[Bing] Yeah, that's an explicit mistake, thanks for picking it up.

> Also at:
>   A third case might be a supervisory system
>   downloading a software upgrade to a network node.
>
> is a really good case, and mentioning SUIT Manifests would be a very good
> connection.
> They fit quite well into 2048 bytes.
> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-suit-manifest-24.html#name-b-exam
> ples

[Bing] Cool, will consider how SUIT could fit in.

Best regards,
Bing