Hi Seth,

Yes, you'll have to re-write huge chunks of Animata to get it working on OF.
I'd recommend Cinder anyway, as the architecture is much nicer (and so is the
documentation).  Basically, re-writing and extending the whole core of Animata
to work with Cinder is what I've done, so I can use augmented reality to
control Animata puppets.  In my opinion, the best thing about Animata is the
editing GUI, but it does need a lot of work.  I have a lot of ideas for the
playback system, and I have a working version, but it's not documented fully
yet, and subject to changes as I figure out what works and what doesn't in an
interactive setting... sounds like it might be similar to what you're after.
If you can hang on a few weeks, I'd be happy to share some code.

Best,
Evan