I've been struggling to control animata from Processing via osc. (I've
pasted code below)

I've tried to simplify as much as possible. The sketch below should control
just a single bone (called 'knee' in animata), sending a value that is
proportional to the x-value of the mouse. It doesn't work. I've tried it on
windows vista and mac os 10.5. No joy. Can anybody help me out here?
Installing Michael Forrest's grimonium seems out of my league, nor do I have
Korg mikrokontrol.

What else can I try?

/**
 * oscP5message by andreas schlegel
 * example shows how to create osc messages.
 * oscP5 website at http://www.sojamo.de/oscP5
 */

import oscP5.*;
import netP5.*;

OscP5 oscP5;
NetAddress myRemoteLocation;

void setup() {
  size(400,400);
  frameRate(25);
  /* start oscP5, listening for incoming messages at port 12000 */
  oscP5 = new OscP5(this,7110);

  /* myRemoteLocation is a NetAddress. a NetAddress takes 2 parameters,
   * an ip address and a port number. myRemoteLocation is used as parameter
in
   * oscP5.send() when sending osc packets to another computer, device,
   * application. usage see below. for testing purposes the listening port
   * and the port of the remote location address are the same, hence you
will
   * send messages back to this sketch.
   */
  myRemoteLocation = new NetAddress("127.0.0.1",7110);
}

void draw() {
  background(0);
}

void mousePressed() {
  /* in the following different ways of creating osc messages are shown by
example */
  OscMessage myMessage = new OscMessage("/anibone knee");
  float mx = mouseX; float nmx = norm(mx,0,400);
  myMessage.add(nmx); /* add a float to the osc message */

  /* send the message */
  oscP5.send(myMessage, myRemoteLocation);
}

/* incoming osc message are forwarded to the oscEvent method. */
void oscEvent(OscMessage theOscMessage) {
  /* print the address pattern and the typetag of the received OscMessage */
  print("### received an osc message.");
  print(" addrpattern: "+theOscMessage.addrPattern());
  println(" typetag: "+theOscMessage.typetag());
}