Dear Guilherme,

> Hi List:
> I am trying to estimate overlaps using the kerneloverlaphr function. The 
> input objects are from estUDm class resulted from the BRB function. However, 
> the overlap values seem odd, as low-overlapped "home ranges" had estimates as 
> higher as the high-overlapped ones.
> Anyone can say what I am doing wrong?

Use the argument same4all=TRUE when you estimate the UD (it is expected 
that the UD are estimated over the same grid). If you use:

UD <- BRB(traject, D, tau=1, Tmax=100, Lmin=0.05, hmin=0.2, same4all=TRUE)

Everything runs fine.
I will try to change the code of kerneloverlaphr to return an error when 
the grid are not located at exactly the same place.
Best regards,

Clément Calenge


-- 
Clément CALENGE
Ingénieur Expert -- Biométricien
Cellule d'appui méthodologique
Direction de la Recherche et de l'Expertise
Office national de la chasse et de la faune sauvage
Saint Benoist - 78610 Auffargis
tel. (33) 01.30.46.54.14
_______________________________________________
AniMov mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov

Reply via email to