*This is my first time using this mailing list. Thank you all in advance.* *I have asked the question in GIS stackExchange:*
I found the AniMove plugin for QGIS to do the Home Range Analysis for Dolphins. I load all the points of the sighting, and perform the task using the plugin. I got the contour as polyline, and heatmap as raster. But I have trouble understanding the meaning. No matter what Utilization Distribution value I input in the parameters box, I get the same contour lines. And I don't know what is the value in raster means. I tried to check the source code. It seems that the value is estimated by kernel-density estimate using Gaussian kernels. And the z value is further modified by Z = Z.clip(0) * 100.0 / Z.max(). *I have figured out the following:* I have figured out some of the answers myself. First, the contour is in 10 incremental level. The inner contour is 10% homerange. The outer contour is 90% homerange. It seems that the plugin indeed calculate everything no matter what utilisation distribution value you plug in. The value in the raster is a bit tricky. First, it estimates the kernel density, called value Z. The normalised them by the max value. So, the 95% home range is actually represents by all raster value >=5. *Please let me know if I am correct or not.* Best Regards, John _______________________________________________ AniMov mailing list [email protected] https://lists.faunalia.it/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/animov
