(Apologies for cross-posting)

The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the creation of the Mahout Machine Learning project, located at http://lucene.apache.org/mahout. Mahout's goal is to create a suite of practical, scalable machine learning libraries. Our initial plan is to utilize Hadoop (http://hadoop.apache.org ) to implement a variety of algorithms including naive bayes, neural networks, support vector machines and k-Means, among others. While our initial focus is on these algorithms, we welcome other machine learning ideas as well.

Naturally, we are looking for volunteers to help grow the community and make the project successful. So, if machine learning is your thing, come on over and lend a hand!

Cheers,
Grant Ingersoll

http://lucene.apache.org/mahout