The POI team is pleased to announce the availability of Apache POI 3.5 beta6, our latest beta including OOXML (Office Open XML) support.

 Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
 writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and
 Word. With POI 3.5, it supports the new OOXML (Office Open XML) formats
 introduced in Office 2007. See http://poi.apache.org/ for more details

 The status of this release is a beta, meaning that we encourage users to
 try it out. If you find any bugs, please report them to the POI bug database
or to the
 poi-dev mailing list.

 A full list of changes is available in the change log:
 http://poi.apache.org/changes.html

 The source and binaries can be downloaded from your local mirror:
 http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/poi/dev/

 The release is also available from the central Maven repository under
 Group ID "org.apache.poi" and Version "3.5-beta6".

 For the Apache POI Team
 Yegor Kozlov