The Apache ODE team is pleased to announce the release of Apache ODE
1.3.4. It includes many improvements and bug fixes. Apache ODE is a
WS-BPEL compliant web services orchestration engine. It organizes web
services calls following a process description written in the BPEL XML
grammar. Another way to describe it would be a web-service capable
Highlights of this release:
* Instance replayer: Message exchanges between partners and processes
can be recorded, retrieved and replayed. This allows for migrating
running process instances to newer versions of a process model or to
another ODE instance.
* Process OSGi bundles: Process models can be packaged and deployed as
OSGi bundles (ServiceMix).
* Spring-based properties: Spring properties can be accessed via XPath
extensions in BPEL (ServiceMix).
In addition to these new features, Apache ODE provides the following
* Side-by-side support for both the WS-BPEL 2.0 OASIS standard and the
legacy BPEL4WS 1.1 vendor specification.
* Supports 2 communication layers: one based on Axis2 (Web Services
http transport) and another one based on the JBI standard (using
* High level API to the engine that allows you to integrate the core
with virtually any communication layer.
* Hot-deployment of your processes.
* Compiled approach to BPEL that provides detailed analysis and
validation at the command line or at deployment.
* Management interface for processes, instances and messages.
* Process execution based on a high-performance virtual machine.
See the release notes for a full list of improvements and bug fixes:
For more information, check the Apache ODE website:
Apache ODE is an open source project released under a business-friendly
license (Apache License v2.0), as such we welcome all your help and
contributions. To participate and get involved, our mailing lists are
the best resources to start from: http://ode.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
The Apache ODE Team.