The Apache Struts group is pleased to announce that Struts 2.5.1 is
available as a “General Availability” release. The GA designation is
our highest quality grade.
Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for creating
enterprise-ready Java web applications. The framework is designed to
streamline the full development cycle, from building, to deploying, to
maintaining applications over time.
This release addresses one potential security vulnerability:
- S2-041 Possible DoS attack when using URLValidator
Also all security patches applied to version Struts 2.3.29 were also
applied to this version (just in case).
This release contains several improvements just to mention few of them:
- contentType override ignored for JSONInterceptor - see WW-4558
- MessageStorePreResultListener does not store messages for 3rd-party
RedirectResult subclasses - see WW-4618
- EmailValidator flags .cat emails as invalid - see WW-4626
- SMI cannot be disabled - see WW-4632
- Centre alignment does not seem to work in Velocity tags - see WW-4634
- Unable to process Jar entry (javassist-3.20.0-GA.jar) - see WW-4637
- Strict Method Invocation breaks Action-Less Results - see WW-4643
- When method is not allowed throw exception with meaningful message -
- update struts2 bom - see WW-4644
All developers are strongly advised to perform this action.
The 2.5.x series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions: Servlet API 2.4,
JSP API 2.0, and Java 7.
Should any issues arise with your use of any version of the Struts
framework, please post your comments to the user list, and, if
appropriate, file a tracking ticket.
You can download this version from our download page.
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/