[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/WLL1 ]
As we're ramping up for ApacheCon and Apache: Big Data next month, the
community has been hard at work with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- ASF Operations Summary: May - Aug 2016 https://s.apache.org/1BsV
- Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's
infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield steady performance at 99.79% uptime
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- 4 weeks to go: Program, registration, and hotel discounts for Apache: Big
Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.10.0 released
Apache Camel™ –a powerful Open Source integration framework based on known
Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Apache Camel 2.18.0 released http://camel.apache.org/download.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository
for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java
Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.4 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.12 released
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data which supports
low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.0.1 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.0.1
Apache OpenOffice™ –leading Open Source office application and personal
productivity suite for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- The Apache OpenOffice Project Announces Apache OpenOffice v4.1.3
Apache Pirk (incubating) –a framework for scalable Private Information
- Apache Pirk 0.2.0-incubating released
Apache PredictionIO (incubating) –an Open Source Machine Learning Server built
on top of state-of-the-art open source stack, that enables developers to manage
and deploy production-ready predictive services for various kinds of machine
- Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0-incubating released
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in
enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.|
- Apache Syncope 1.2.9 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet,
JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M11 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.38 and 8.5.6 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Incubator, the entry path for all new incubating
Apache projects, was first founded in October 2002?
- Did you know that Apache project birthdays in October include Xalan & XML
Graphics (12 yrs); Mina & Velocity (10 yrs); PDFBox (7 yrs); Thrift (6 yrs);
JMeter (5 yrs); Cordova, Isis, OpenOffice (4 yrs); Chukwa and Jclouds (3 yrs);
and Calcite (1 yr)? https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that bourse.societegenerale.fr is powered by Apache Wicket?
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities
--opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community
development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest,
and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered
By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
- Show your support for Apache with ASF-approved swag from
http://www.zazzle.com/featherwear and http://s.apache.org/landsend--all
proceeds benefit the ASF!
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader
spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides
an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of
select ASF Committers.
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
email@example.com distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the
recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.