[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/EYbk ]
Another week has passed with the Apache community collaborating in full
Support Apache –help sustain your favorite Apache project for less than
$14/day. Every dollar counts.
- new ASF VP Fundraising Kevin McGrail on his goals for the coming year
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes
Success at Apache –monthly blog series that focuses on the processes
behind why the ASF "just works".
- Learning to Build a Stronger Community by John Ament
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation.
Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache:
Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
- Videos of keynotes + presentations https://s.apache.org/AE3m and
Audio recordings + soundbites from the conference floor
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the
ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield skipping performance at 99.96% uptime
Apache Directory™ LDAP API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced
LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0 released
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy-2.5.0-beta-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Hadoop™ –the cornerstone of the Big Data ecosystem, from which
dozens of Apache Big Data projects and countless industry solutions
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Momentum With Apache®
Hadoop® v2.8 https://s.apache.org/h0Tl
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational
- Apache HBase 1.2.6 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical
content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern
world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.26 and 1.4.16 released
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine
library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.6.0 and Apache Solr 6.6.0 released
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java
Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java
WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- CVE-2017-5664 Apache Tomcat Security Constraint Bypass
Did You Know?
- Did you know that if it's not at *.apache.org, it's not from us?
- Did you know that Apache CouchDB was one of the first Apache projects
to use git?
- Did you know that nearly half of businesses' security breaches are
due to the Internet Of Things? Apache Spot (incubating) can help!
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot
and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers
https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of
contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me
https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo
- Join members of the Apache Apex, Beam, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, Lucene,
Solr, and Spark communities at Berlin Buzzwords 11-13 June in Berlin
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in
- Will we be seeing you at HBaseCon 12 June/Mountain View
PhoenixCon 13 June/San Francisco
- Meet members of Apache's Cloud community at Cloud Foundry Summit
Silicon Valley 13-15 June in Santa Clara; enjoy 20% off registration
rates using discount code CFSV17ASF20 https://goo.gl/Uq3g0t
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory
Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP
Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more!
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
email@example.com distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
the recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.