[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/qNuc ]
Another great week from the Apache community! Here's what happened:
Support Apache –help secure the future of free, community-driven
software. Every dollar counts.
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 July 2017. Board calendar and minutes
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the
ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield cheery performance at 97.28% uptime
Apache Incubator –the entry path for codebases and their communities to
become an official part of the ASF.
- Welcome New Podlings: Livy, Pulsar, and Superset
Apache HTTP Server™ –the world's most popular Web server.
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.26 released http://httpd.apache.org/
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational
- Apache HBase 1.1.11 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Impala (incubating) –a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query
engine for data stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.
- Apache Impala 2.9.0 released https://impala.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical
content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern
world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.2 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Joshua (incubating) –a statistical machine translation decoder
for phrase-based, hierarchical, and syntax-based machine translation,
written in Java.
- Apache Joshua 6.1 released https://joshua.apache.org
Apache Lucene™ Solr™ –the search server built on Apache Lucene.
- Apache Solr Reference Guide for 6.6 released
Apache Mnemonic (incubating) –an advanced hybrid memory storage oriented
- Apache Mnemonic-0.8.0-incubating released
Apache Pig™ –provides a high-level data-flow language and execution
framework for parallel computation on Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Pig 0.17.0 released http://pig.apache.org/
Apache RocketMQ (incubating) –a distributed messaging and streaming
platform with low latency, high performance and reliability,
trillion-level capacity and flexible scalability.
- Apache RocketMQ 4.1.0 released https://rocketmq.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Mahout has both Apache Flink and Apache
Spark GPU compute? http://mahout.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Tinkerpop's Gremlin is not just a graph
traversal language, but a graph in itself? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
- Did you know that Xiaomi uses Apache HBase and Thrift across 4 data
centers and 40+ clusters? http://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot
and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers
https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of
contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me
https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache:
Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos
https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings
- Check out the Apache Community Development blog
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory
Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP
Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more!
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
firstname.lastname@example.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
the recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.