-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Commons Email 1.5.
This is a major and security bugfix release which adds some new
features and fixes several bugs present in the 1.4 release. All
current users are encouraged to upgrade.
For the security bugfix see
The Apache Commons Email Library aims to provide a API for sending
email. It builds on the JavaMail API with the aim of presenting a
simplified API which is easy for developers who are not mail experts
to use. It is a compact component with a small number of classes.
Source and binary distributions are available for download from the
Apache Commons download site:
When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available
at the above location when downloading the release.
Changes in this version include:
== Compatibility ==
* Java 6 or later is required.
* JavaMail dependency has been upgraded to version 1.5.6,
as a consequence, the maven dependency has changed to:
== New Features ==
* Add Support for International Domain Names. This change requires JDK 1.6+.
* Add Email#getHeader(String) and Email#getHeaders() methods.
Issue: EMAIL-154. Thanks to Ken Geis, Balachandran Sivakumar
== Updates ==
* Update Oracle JavaMail dependency from 1.5.2 to 1.5.6.
* Remove "javax.activation" dependency since it is included in JDK 1.6
== Fixed Bugs ==
* DataSourceClassPathResolver doesn't close InputStream when resolving resources
Issue: EMAIL-167. Thanks to Lucian Burja.
* CVE-2017-9801 - stripped all line-breaks from subjects in order to
prevent SMTP header injection.
For complete information on Commons Email, including instructions
on how to submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement,
see the Apache Commons Email website:
Stefan Bodewig, on behalf of the Apache Commons community
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----