[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/d1hV ]
Hello, Friday — let's review what the Apache community has been up to
over the past week:
Support Apache –individual donations, corporate matching gifts, online
shopping, and Sponsorship help sustain the ASF's day-to-day operations.
Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Success at Apache –a new blog series that focuses on the processes
behind why the ASF "just works".
- Success at Apache: Meritocracy. by Kevin A. McGrail
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes Phil Steitz as Chairman
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the
ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield assured performance at 91.78% uptime
Apache Arrow™ –a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to
accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.6.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache BookKeeper™ –a reliable replicated log service for Big Data.
- Apache BookKeeper 4.5.0 released http://bookkeeper.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ JCS –a distributed, versatile caching system.
- Apache Commons JCS 2.2 released https://commons.apache.org/
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented web application
- Apache Wicket 8.0.0-M7 released http://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Netherlands-based Finalist IT Group manages the
identity of more than 2 million accounts using Apache Syncope?
- Did you know that Apache Cayenne is becoming a dependency-free Java
Object/Relational Mapping (ORM) framework? http://cayenne.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can meet members of the Apache community in
Germany at FrOSCon https://www.froscon.de/ and Solutions Hamburg
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot
and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers
https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of
contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me
https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community
https://s.apache.org/x9Be 7) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo
- If you're looking for the ASF on social media, we're @TheASF on
Twitter and on LinkedIn at
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache:
Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos
https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop
Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF
booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory
Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP
Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more!
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
email@example.com distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
the recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.