[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/xqcK ]
Well hello, September ... here's what the Apache community has been
working on over the past week:
Support Apache –a great way to help the ASF meet its financial goals is
through a corporate matching program. Companies that offer matching
gifts receive tax benefits, and their employees' contributions to the
ASF can be generously increased. Every dollar counts.
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 September. Board calendar and minutes
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 440 Committers changed 763,682 lines
of code over 2,642 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tellier
Benoit, Andrea Cosentino, Daniel Gruno, Karl Wright, and Daniel Sun.
Apache Atlas™ –Big Data governance and metadata framework/services.
- Apache Atlas 0.8.1 released http://atlas.apache.org/
Apache CloudStack™ –an easy-to-deploy IaaS Cloud orchestration platform
that "just works".
- Apache CloudStack 126.96.36.199 released http://cloudstack.apache.org/
Apache CXF™ Fediz –helps secure Web applications and delegates security
enforcement to the underlying application server.
- Apache CXF Fediz 1.4.1 released http://cxf.apache.org/fediz.html
Apache Log4j™ –a well known framework for logging application behavior.
- Apache Log4j 2.9.0 released https://logging.apache.org/log4j/
Apache MADlib™ –an Open Source library for scalable in-database
- Apache MADlib v1.12 released http://madlib.apache.org/
Apache OODT™ –a software framework as well as an architectural style for
the rapid construction of scientific data systems.
- Apache OODT 1.2 released http://oodt.apache.org/
Apache S2Graph (incubating) –graph database designed to handle
transactional graph processing at scale.
- Apache S2Graph 0.2.0-incubating released
Apache Santuario™ –aimed at providing implementation of the primary
security standards for XML, namely XML-Signature Syntax and Processing
and XML Encryption Syntax and Processing.
- Apache Santuario XML Security for Java 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 released
Apache UIMA™ –a component framework supporting development, discovery,
composition, and deployment of multi-modal analytics tasked with the
analysis of unstructured information.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.10.1 and UIMA DUCC 2.2.1 released
Apache VCL™ –a self-service system used to dynamically provision and
broker remote access to a dedicated compute environment for an end-user.
- Apache VCL 2.5 released http://vcl.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects have anniversaries
this month? Many happy returns to ServiceMix (10 years); Hive, Pign and
Shiro (7 years); Airavata, Bigtop, SIS, and Stanbol (5 years); Curator
(4 years); Storm (3 years); and Yetus (2 yrs)
- Did you know that Apache NiFi is a great data flow system for fast
prototyping of Big Data? http://nifi.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Pulsar (incubating) provides multi-tenancy,
geo-replication, and durability guarantees out of the box?
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot
and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers
https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of
contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me
https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community
https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at
(re-tweets/shares/likes most appreciated!)
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache:
Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos
https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings
- Check out the latest Apache Community Development newsletter
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- TomcatCon will be held 25 September in London
- Meet members of the Apache Big Data communities at DataWorks/Hadoop
Summit 20-21 September in Sydney https://dataworkssummit.com/
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF
booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka,
ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source
Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory
Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report is available at
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP
Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator,
OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more!
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
email@example.com distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from
the recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.