[this announcement is available online at https://s.apache.org/GKHa ]
We're closing out the month with the following activities from the Apache
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation
in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 March. Board calendar and minutes
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted for ApacheCon/Montreal
- CFP is open for ApacheCon 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- CFP is also open for the Apache Roadshow Europe 13-14 June in Berlin
Apache Community Development –helps newcomers take their first steps towards
being a part of the Apache community.
- We are proud to be a Google Summer of Code Mentoring Organization for the
13th consecutive year. Students: learn how to get started with dozens of Apache
projects at https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's
infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield zippity performance at 99.97% uptime.
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 406 Apache contributors changed 872,446
lines of code over 2,838 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dewayne
Richardson, Andi Huber, Dan Kirkwood, Daniel Sun, and Dan Haywood.
Apache Arrow™ –a cross-language development platform for in-memory data.
Apache Beam™ –a programming model, SDKs, and runners for defining and executing
data processing pipelines.
- Apache Beam 2.3.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency data management solutions.
- CVE-2017-15696 Apache Geode configuration request authorization
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0-beta-3 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content
repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites
and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.20 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache jclouds™ –an Open Source multi-cloud toolkit for the Java platform that
gives you the freedom to create applications that are portable across clouds
while giving you full control to use cloud-specific features.
- Apache jclouds 2.1.0 released http://jclouds.apache.org/
Apache NetBeans (incubating) –a development environment, tooling platform and
- Apache NetBeans (incubating) 9.0 Beta released http://netbeans.apache.org/
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime
computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
- Apache Storm 1.0.6, 1.1.2, and 1.2.0 released http://storm.apache.org
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet,
JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC
- CVE-2018-1304 Security constraints mapped to context root are ignored
- CVE-2018-1305 Security constraint annotations applied too late
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application
framework that powers thousands of web applications and Web sites for
governments, stores, universities, cities, banks, email providers, and more.
- Apache Wicket 8.0.0-M9 released http://wicket.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know why companies sponsor ApacheCon?
- Did you know that German business management consultancy Ecomify uses Apache
- Did you know that Apache Zeppelin will be holding a get together at Strata
2018 in San Jose? http://zeppelin.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just
works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No
Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making
https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5)
JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6)
Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger
Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo
9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My
Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch.
https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been
https://s.apache.org/gVuN 13) A Newbie's Narrative https://s.apache.org/A72H
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and
on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at
- Apache CloudStack will be holding their first German Meetup on 28 February
2018 in Frankfurt
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19
April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018
- We're teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge
dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin
13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks
Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities
--opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community
development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika,
Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered
By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to
announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader
spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides
an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of
select ASF Committers.
# # #
NOTE: you are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the
firstname.lastname@example.org distribution list. To unsubscribe, send email from the
recipient account to announce-unsubscr...@apache.org with the word
"Unsubscribe" in the subject line.